Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Inspiration: Moon - Solo Dance by Yang LiPing


Moon - Solo Dance by Yang LiPing


Yang LiPing is a famous Chinese dancer and director. I have been admiring her performance for a long time. Her dance imitates animals like peacock, lark birds or plants like trees.




I love this performance, Moon, because it's a simple silhouette setting, so we can only focus on LiPing's body language, and it's just amazing.

This dancing video contains the mood I want for my animated short film – lonely, beautiful, a little sad and a little weird.

Plus, this music she chose to dance with, also gave me some inspiration. For my thesis scene setting, I plan to use Chinese traditional instruments to compose my music, and this video gives me a lot of options.


Another dancing performance of Yang LiPing's:


Chinese Peacock Dance


No comments:

Post a Comment